The Author (understood to mean the Principle Author whose sole responsibility it is to properly administer this agreement on behalf of any and all co-authors) hereby assigns to MTCJ (hereafter known as the Publisher) the copyright to the Contribution named above; whereby the Publisher shall have the exclusive international rights to publish in any and all media the said Contribution and translations of it wholly or in part throughout the World under the provisions of this agreement. These rights include without limitation mechanical, electronic and visual reproduction; electronic storage and retrieval; and all other forms of electronic publication or any other types of publication including all subsidiary rights.
1. Any and all publication by the Publisher of author’s work in any form or media is agreed by the author to be undertaken without regard for notification or permission by the author, and at the sole discretion of the Publisher.
2. All publishing rights consigned to the Publisher continue indefinitely, however, after no less than three years from the date of first publication by the Publisher authors may continue to publish their work in any form or media under the following terms and conditions.
3. Authors agree to not publish their submission in any form for a period of at least three years from the date of first publication in the Journal, after which authors are free to publish submitted material with an acknowledgement reading, ‘This article was first published in the Mass Timber Construction Journal, Vol [ ], Issue [ ]’. This acknowledgement can be attached to the end of the author's subsequent publication of the work, and under these conditions no notification to the Journal is necessary.
4. Prior to publication, authors are asked to certify that their work is submitted only to the Publisher and has never been published before under any form.
5. The Author guarantees that the Contribution is original, has not been published previously, is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, has been properly acknowledged and/or referenced, and that any necessary permission to quote from another source has been obtained. (A copy of such permission should be sent with this form if applicable).
6. The Author declares that any person named as co-author of the Contribution is aware of the fact and has agreed to being so named, and has made a substantive contribution to the work.